Ayurvedic Herbs for Pitta for Allergies
|Average Rating (Overall)||1 Reviews|
|Average # of Treatments until Effective||0|
Boulder, Colorado | 2010-12-01
Ayurvedic Herbs for Pitta Body Type
Allergies, whether from food, pollen, dust, mold, or dander, are typically a form of hypersensitivity reaction. The underlying causes of allergic symptoms are rarely from the allergens themselves, making proper Ayurvedic diagnosis essential. Based on information regarding pakriti (body type), and vikriti (imbalances), a causative diagnosis and treatment protocol can be made. There are four steps in treating allergies: 1) strengthen the digestion; 2) pull the mucus off the intestinal tract; 3) re-establish proper lymphatic function; 4) rebuild the immune system.
First, begin the Ama Reducing Program. Ama is a toxic substance which is manufactured in the digestive system, and is absorbed into the circulatory system.
· Sip plain hot water every half-hour
· Drink eight to ten glasses of warm Lemon water each day
· Avoid dairy and wheat and increase intake of fruits and vegetables
· Eat a big, relaxing meal at lunchtime and soup for dinner
To find out your doscha body type please see my site.
Pitta is about transformation. Pitta provides the following functions:
- Metabolism, from digestion of food to transformation of all other material.
- Thermogenesis – maintains the proper body temperature.
- Comprehension of information into knowledge / reasoning and judgment.
- Complexion – gives color and softness to skin.
- 1/8 teaspoon of cumin (Cuminum cyminum) seed as a lozenge during the day
- Triphala: (Emblica officinalis, Terminalia chebula, Terminalia belerica): 1/2 teaspoon twice a day on an empty stomach
- Nasya: Sniff coconut oil deeply into both nostrils two to three times a day
- Turmeric (Curcuma long a) powder: 1/2 teaspoon with 1/4 cup warm milk, three times a day after meals
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf tea: 3-4
Did you find this review helpful? Login and mark it. 0